Saturday, April 9, 2011

This is my story!

Hey everybody! I have the chance to go on a study abroad to London, England through the theater program here at BYU. It is going to be amazing! We are going to be visiting Shakespeare's birthplace, going to tons of plays in the West End and a few at the Globe Theater. We will be learning all about British theater history, and reading a plethora of plays. All in all it will be an incredible experience and a once in a lifetime opportunity. But there is a problem. I am supposed to leave for London on April 26th, that is 14 days, and I still have $2,700 dollars that I need to get before I can leave. I have already bought my plane ticket, and put $1,000 dollars towards the program, and I planned on getting Federal loans, and if worst came to worst a private loan, but both of those options fell through due to technicalities, and I was left with only a few weeks to go and VERY limited financial options. I go to school full time and I also work as an early morning custodian everyday before school I'm doing everything I can possibly do. So I'm asking you, my friends/family/charitable strangers, to help me get to London. Even five dollars would help, and this is the opportunity for some awesome karma to come your way. Just use the "Donate" button on my side bar. And when I am living in London I will blog all about it and you will know that you were able to be a part of this adventure! Thank you all!

6 comments:

  1. Wooot! Let's do this! You need to start commenting on blogs and getting to know other bloggers if you want people to know you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that you should probably keep some sort of donation ticker, cause it might motivate people to donate if they see the ball rolling! Im exccited! I just sent it out so almost 200 peeps! Let me know if it did any damage! Love you babes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The London Study Abroad program is such an amazing educational experience! After all your hard work and effort, you've got to make it somehow. Wish I had a magic wand! I'm sending the link and positive vibes out into the world...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful adventure, so excited for you Kates. Mark and I will give a check to your mom rather than online. Wishing you the best of luck for raising your funds and sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, update this to let people know how you are doing, if you have gotten any more money.. ok =) Is it still $300 so far of $3500 or did you get any more in the past couple of days?

    ReplyDelete